Here at TSS we Promote sensible gambling.
Many people in their life time have experienced issues with gambling. Gambling can cause many mental health problems including depression or suicidal thoughts. Gambling can lead to relationship breakdowns with partners or other family members like your children.
Gambling should always be for entertainment purposes only. You should not be gambling to try and make a profit. You should not gamble to curb boredom or gamble when intoxicated or under the influence of drugs. Below we have added some questions related to gambling. If you have answered yes to any of these, this could mean you may need some additional help to get this under control.
Responsible Gambling Test!!!
1. Do you Gamble when Bored?
2. Do you spend more than you can afford?
3. Do you cancel plans due to gambling?
4. Do you lie to others about your losses?
5. Do you lie to others on where your money has gone?
6. Does losing make you angry or upset?
7. Does gambling affect your mental health?
8. Have you ever had suicidal thoughts due to gambling.
9. Has gambling lead to relationship issues or breakdowns?
10. Have you gambled instead of paying bills?
11. Have your children missed out due to your gambling?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions you should consider getting some help. Below you can find details on what help is available.
Gambling in front of your children is setting a bad example and often leads to your children gambling when older.
Do we really want to encourage our kids to gamble?
Tips on responsible gambling.
- Set limits on all your accounts.
- If you win big, remember the initial deposit is not part of your winnings. This must be separated from your winnings.
- Spending your winnings. Do not go spending your winning’s excessively as it may cause you to have a false sense in month to month spending. Use your winnings sensibly.
- Do not to use gambling as a way to treat boredom.
- Always count money you have deposited as spent. 70 percent of the time you will not see any return from your money.
- Never try and gamble to get your self out of money trouble or to make money.
- Try not to gamble when intoxicated or under influence of drugs. This can lead to irresponsible gambling.
Help you can get to stop gambling.
- If you feel like you are gambling to much you can set a time out or exclude you self from your casino accounts.
- Contact your bank to stop any Gambling activites via your bank card.
- Get in touch with http://www.begambleaware.org
- Consider self exclusion this can be done for 6months up until 5 years. This stops any sort of gambling activity online. All you have to do is join https://www.gamstop.co.uk/
- Self exclude your self from bookies. A simple form can be filled out.